Dragon Professional Anywhere (DPA) and Dragon Anywhere Mobile Implementation
Thank you for your interest in Dragon Professional Anywhere and Dragon Anywhere Mobile. The below information explains how to set the software up in all environments and contains links to the software required, in addition to setting up the software you will also need your registered end user details to start using Dragon Anywhere, if you have not yet registered and obtained these details yet, we recommend you do this first using our end user registration form so the users can be setup whilst you are installing the software.
Dragon Anywhere Professional (Desktop Application) – Getting Started
Dragon Professional Anywhere is distributed using two different methods, your organisation can use either or both depending on your environment and usage policies. Regardless of which method you choose Dragon Professional Anywhere only requires a small client footprint (< 200mb) and must be co-installed in the same environment as the applications you wish to dictate into. Dragon Professional Anywhere also also requires an ‘always available’ internet connection and unfiltered access to the Nuance recognition servers, for more technical information see the Administrators guide located within the Standalone Distribution download package.
ClickOnce Distribution (Recommended)
- Installation process designed for local Windows PC’s.
- Installed directly through a web browser.
- Does not require administrator privileges.
- Automatically updates when new versions become available.
- Depending on your internet speed, the installation process takes minutes.
- Distribute the ClickOnce link to your end users.
- Open the link (will open by default in Microsoft Edge).
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the software.
- Plug in the recording/input device.
- Login and start dictating.
NOTE: If restrictions prevent you from opening the above link, copy the URL below and paste it directly into Internet Explorer or Chromium Edge to launch the installation process.
Full Package (Designed for Advanced Users)
- Installation process mainly for virtual environments such as Citrix, VMWare or RDS.
- Provides seamless end user delivery.
- Requires direct server access with administrative privileges.
- Allows administrators to control versioning and upgrades at an organisational level.
The following link is for IT administrators ONLY and takes you to a download page for the full package. Within the package you’ll find the Dragon Professional Anywhere Software, documentation, and virtualisation add-on installers (required when using Dragon Professional Anywhere in a remote access/virtual desktop environment).
A brief set of instructions for both the installation methods can be found here whilst full documentation can be found within the standalone installation package.
Dragon Anywhere Mobile (Smartphone Application) – Getting Started
If you do not wish to use the Dragon Anywhere Mobile dictation APP, you can skip this section.
Manual installation and configuration
Install the Dragon Anywhere Mobile APP from the mobile devices associated APP store or by using one of the following links:
Open this page/email on your mobile device and configure the APP using one of the following links, when the device asks how to open the link select the Dragon Anywhere Mobile APP:
Enter the same login details you use for the desktop application, watch the tutorial and start dictating.
Technical Support: Available Mon-Fri — 09:00-17:00
Technical support is available during pilots/trials and whilst you hold a valid support subscription. If you wish to contact the helpdesk for installation or support purposes use the following details:
Support Desk Phone: 01932-789433
Support Desk Email: email@example.com